West Potomac High came together in 1985 with the joining of high schools in Fort Hunt and Groveton. The school draws a diverse student body with over 50 countries of origin and 35 languages represented. The school's motto is "Excellence is a Tradition."
The Pulley Career Center is part of West Potomac and seeks to create career opportunities for disabled students.
- Fax: 703-718-2597
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1985
- Number of students: 2011
- Male-to-female ratio: 48.57% Male to 51.43% Female
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: English: 95 History: 94 Mathematics: 91 Science: 88
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 13:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 154
- Grade levels: 9-12
- Boarding: No
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Library, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: Please see website for full list: AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Latin, AP French, AP German, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC....
- Student clubs: Please see website for full list: Alateen Anime Ecology Engineering/Robotics Fellowship of Christian Athletes Future Educators Future Millionaires Club...
- Sports teams: Please see website for full list: Athletic Training Baseball Basketball Cheerleading Crew Cross Country Dance Team Field Hockey Football Golf Gymnastics Lacrosse....