Waynewood Elementary School
Waynewood Elementary School, which is located along the Potomac River between historic Mount Vernon and Old Town Alexandria, serves about 700 students.
The school offers both multi-age and single grade classes for students in kindergarten through grade two. A school-based gifted and talented program is available for eligible students in grades three through six.
Some of its after-school programs including Hands-On-Science, drama, Foreign Language Experience (FLEX) Program, Odyssey of the Mind and Math Olympiads. The principal is James Meier.
- Hours: Mon, first bell 9am, dismissal 1:20pm; Tue - Fri, first bell 9am, dismissal 3:50pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Number of students: 700
- Male-to-female ratio: 53 to 47
- Public/Private: Public
- Religious affiliation: None
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 70
- Grade levels: K-6
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Hands-On-Science, drama, Foreign Language Experience (FLEX) Program, Odyssey of the Mind, Math Olympiads