American Tukong Martial Arts Academy
703-919-9838 (English)/571-278-1604 (Spanish)
American Tukong Martial Arts Academy offers 30 classes per week for adults, children, police and security forces. Using the art of Tukong, which combines many different martial arts, the instructors are able to teach self-defense to the young and old. Discounts are given to those in the American military, teachers. nurses, and law enforcement. With specialized classes for those in the service fields, this martial arts school is diverse and highly respected.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 6am - 9pm; Sat - Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: There are handicapped parking spaces and ramps for easy access.
- What makes this community special?: It's a very diverse group of people who are eager and excited to learn more about martial arts.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- Number of classes/week: 30
- Average class size: 20
- Number of instructors: 5
- Type: Tae Kwon Do
- Uses ranking system: Yes
- Uses weight classification: No
- Participates in competitions: Yes
- What is the school's training philosophy?: "The Key To Fighting Is Distance. Tukong provides training in the six possible distances in every combat situation. The weaknesses can be overcome by using techniques form several martial arts that are strong at that distance."