- This summer, the Chesapeake Climate Action Network is bringing Chasing Ice, arguably the most stunning climate change documentary of the last year, to Virginia. It follows the story of a photographer struggling to document the melting of glaciers before they're all gone.
- The summer is going quickly, but don't forget to stop by the Mount Vernon Farmers Market from 8 a.m. to noon every Wednesday at Sherwood Regional Library. The market will be open until mid-December. Also, take full advantage of the final free summer concerts at local parks including Lee District Park and Fort Hunt Park.
- It's time for a delicious DC-area summer tradition: Summer 2013 Restaurant Week starts Monday. More than 200 restaurants in the greater Washington area are participating, including Falls Church’s 2941 Restaurant, Mad Fox Brewing Company, Open Kitchen and Pizzeria Orso. Participating restaurants will offer three-course meals for a set price — $20.13 for lunch or $35.13 for dinner.
- Calling all artists, craft sellers and food vendors! Be a part of the inaugural Northern Virginia Community College Fall Festival and Car Show scheduled forOct. 12. The festival is inviting community organizations, arts and crafts sellers and food vendors to participate. Space must be reserved by Sept. 11. For more information, call 703-257-6558 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Heads up Mount Vernon Trail hikers, bikers and walkers. NRG Energy will perform maintenance on the Mount Vernon Trail directly behind the closed former GenOn plant at 1400 Royal St. in Old Town Alexandria, beginning Monday Aug. 19 thru Sept. 6. If possible, pedestrians, runners and bicyclists should use the alternate trail located in front of the plant that runs along Bashford Lane and East Abingdon and meets the Mount Vernon Trail north of the plant.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something