In these final days of summer, you’re to-do is likely filled with things you had the best of intentions to tackle months ago, but didn’t get around to yet. Today, Friday, Sept. 13, your family can catch some fish and spend time by the campfire at Riverbend Park.
The last day of summer is Sept. 21. Or, you can look at it this way: The first day of fall is Sept. 22. Patch has found something for you to do each day as we count down until summer passes us by.
Check our events calendar to see what’s happening in our community, and add your own events!
Tonight, Fairfax County Parks Authority hosts a “Fishing Fun” event. You can bring your fishing rod and put your line in on the riverbank from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at 8700 Potomac Mills Street, Great Falls.
Bait and campfire S'mores will be provided. A limited number of fishing rods will also be available for rent. The cost is $5 per person. Register online. For information, call 703-759-9018.
There are more family fishing resources in an article from Northern Virginia Magazine.
Do you have any favorite farm memories? Share them in the comments section below.
More Days of Summer:
- 24 Days of Summer: Time Enough for Free Music
- 23 Days of Summer: Time for Campfire S’Mores
- 22 Days of Summer: Time for Free Jazz and Blues
- 21 Days of Summer: Time for an Outdoor Movie
- 20 Days of Summer: Time for Labor Day Festivals
- 19 Days of Summer: Time for a Bike Ride
- 18 Days of Summer: Time for Outdoor Exercise
- 17 Days of Summer: Time for a Cheap Wagon Ride
- 16 Days of Summer: Time for a Free, Very Cool Rocket Launch
- 15 Days of Summer: Time for Your Dog to Dive in the Pool
- 14 Days of Summer: Time for Free Date Night With Harry and Sally
- 13 Days of Summer: Time for Monday Night Football
- 12 Days of Summer: Time for an 80s Flashback With Depeche Mode
- 11 Days of Summer: Time for 9/11 Commemorations in Virginia
- 10 Days of Summer: Time for Milking Cows and Feeding Farm Animals