Whether you’ve spent all summer at the water park, or you never made it this year, there’s still time to let your dog have fun. Today, Saturday, Sept. 7, several area water parks are offering a dog day to end the season with only dogs allowed to get in the water.
The last day of summer is Sept. 21. Or, you can look at it this way: The first day of fall is Sept. 22. Patch has found something for you to do each day as we count down until summer passes us by.
Check our events calendar to see what’s happening in our community, and add your own events!
Dog Day opportunities include five water parks managed by the Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority. Admission is $5 per dog. The event runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Volcano Island, 47701 Fairway Drive, Sterling
- Atlantis at Bull Run, 7700 Bull Run Drive, Centreville
- Great Waves, 4001 Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria
- Pirate’s Cove, 6501 Pohick Bay Drive, Lorton
- Ocean Dunes, 6060 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington
The Signal Bay Water Park in Manassas Park will host it’s annual Doggie Paddle from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The park is at 9300 Signal View Dive.
Have you taken your pups for a dip on a dog day? Share it with us in the comments section.
More Days of Summer:
- 24 Days of Summer: Time Enough for Free Music
- 23 Days of Summer: Time for Campfire S’Mores22 Days of Summer: Time for Free Jazz and Blues
- 21 Days of Summer: Time for an Outdoor Movie
- 20 Days of Summer: Time for Labor Day Festivals
- 19 Days of Summer: Time for a Bike Ride
- 18 Days of Summer: Time for Outdoor Exercise
- 17 Days of Summer: Time for a Cheap Wagon Ride
- 16 Days of Summer: Time for a Free, Very Cool Rocket Launch