The Washington Nationals are playing this week in their first postseason against the St. Louis Cardinals in a best-of-five set of games in the National League Division Series.
- Game 1: NATS WIN! On Sunday, Oct. 7, the Nationals defeated the Cardinals 3 - 2 in St. Louis.
- Game 2: The Cardinals beat the Nationals 12 - 4 in game 2 in St. Louis, tying up the series at one game each.
- Game 3: The Nationals lost to the Cardinals 8 - 0 in game 3, the first game in D.C.
- Game 4: The Nationals won and kept the series alive, defeating the Cardinals 2 - 1 at home.
- Game 5: Friday, Oct. 12 in Washington, first pitch at 8:37 p.m.
If (or when!) the Nats advance to the next round, the National League Championship Series, they will play a best-of-seven series Oct. 12, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21 and 22.
The World Series Oct. 24 – Nov. 1.
Still hoping to go to a playoff game? Tickets are reportedly still available, but they’re going fast and may get expensive on the second-hand market.
Tickets for the National League Championship Series go on sale to the general public Wednesday, Oct. 10 (with pre-sale available for select audiences Monday and Tuesday).
Where to Watch
TBS is airing the games on television, or you can listen to the FAN radio station at 106.7 FM. For additional Washington Nationals television and radio broadcast information, click here. You can also check MLB.TV.
Of course, you could stay home, but it’s more fun to root (root, root) for the home team with a crowd.
Earlier this year, Patch readers told us Bungalow Billiards is the best place in Fairfax County to watch sports.
Not a huge baseball info-maniac? The Nats Blog is a great, easy-to-read and informative local resource so even the casual Nats fan can keep up in a baseball-centered conversation.
Support the Nationals Dream Foundation with Patch
You can help Patch support the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation just by signing up to receive our email newsletter, no matter where in Northern Virginia you live. Put your email address and ZIP code into this form.