This week, West Potomac High School is celebrating its homecoming. Throughout the week, students will participate in multiple homecoming events while also enduring a week of testing.
On Friday, The Wolverines will take on the W.T. Woodson High School Cavaliers at 7:30 p.m. After losing to the Westfield Bulldogs on Oct. 12, the Wolverines have a record of 5-2 for the season and the Cavaliers currently have a 2-5 record.
Here’s a schedule of the school’s events for the homecoming week:
Monday, Oct. 15:
- Nerd Day - Students will dress in their academic best to kick off a testing week.
- Powderpuff Game at 6 p.m. - Come cheer on the juniors (Cops) and the seniors (Robbers) in the annual game.
Tuesday, Oct. 16:
- Super Hero Day - Students will dress up and show how they would best protect a city as a hero.
Wednesday, Oct. 17:
- Pajama Day - Students can practically roll out of bed and go straight to class by wearing their most comfortable pajamas to school.
- PSAT/ACT Testing Day - Early Dismissal (the pajamas really come in handy at this point)
Thursday, Oct. 18:
- Jersey Day - Show some city pride by wearing favorite sports jerseys.
Friday, Oct. 19:
- Class Color Day - Students will represent their classes (freshmen, sophomores, etc.) by wearing class colors or class T-shirts.
- Pep Rally - 1:10 p.m. in school gymnasium
- Wolverines v. Cavaliers at 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 20:
- Homecoming Dance - 8 p.m. to 11:59 p.m. in school gymnasium