Fairfax County Government Offices will be closed Tuesday, Oct. 30 and employees are granted emergency administrative leave. Emergency service personnel will report as scheduled, according to Fairfax County Government.
Fairfax County Public Schools and Offices will also be closed Tuesday due to Hurricane Sandy. Other business closings and county cancellations include:
- Board of Supervisors Meeting will still take place at noon but presentations are canceled and public hearings will be deferred.
- Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court are closed Tuesday.
- Absentee voting is canceled for Tuesday.
- School Age Child Care (SACC) centers are closed.
- Park Authority facilities including RECenters will be closed unless they’re being used as a shelter.
- Neighborhood and Community Services, including community, teen and senior Centers will be closed.
- Libraries will be closed.
- The health department and facilities will be closed.
- Transportation: Connector, Fastran, VRE Fairfax Connector bus service will not be in service on Tuesday, Oct. 30.
- Fastran will only transport critical medical care appointments
- Virginia Railway Express (VRE) operations have been suspended Tuesday, Oct. 30.
- Trash Pickup for residents who live in Solid Waste Collection Areas (Sanitary Districts) are also canceled for Tuesday, Oct. 30.
The Fairfax County Emergency Information Hotline has been activated and is available for residents to call for information about the storm. The number is 571-350-1300, TTY 711. For an emergency, call 9-1-1.