Pursuit/Assault (red on map), 12:10 a.m., Aug. 8, Cooper Road/Richmond Highway, An officer initiated a traffic stop on a vehicle in the area of Richmond Highway/Sacramento Drive. The vehicle fled. Several officers were involved in the pursuit and Stop-Sticks were deployed to help slow the fleeing vehicle. The driver, David Uzzle, 22, of Alexandria, was charged with assault on a police officer, speed to elude, reckless driving, possession of marijuana, open container, driving on a suspended license, and improper registration. The passenger, Dominque Whitaker, 23, of Alexandria, was charged with being drunk in public.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
Burglary (blue on map), 8 a.m., Aug. 8, 4200 block of Aspen Drive, A resident reported someone entered his home and stole the keys to his vehicle and the vehicle. Entry was made through an unsecured door.
Shoplifting (green on map), 8 p.m., Aug. 8, 7700 block of Richmond Highway, An employee reported an individual allegedly left the store without paying for copper pipes and other merchandise. Following a short foot pursuit, Christopher Blankenship, 26, of Maryland, was charged with grand larceny and possession with intent to sell.
Racing (yellow on map), 11 p.m., Aug. 9, Arlington Drive/Richmond Highway, An officer initiated a stop on two motorcycles allegedly racing north on Richmond Highway. Both motorcyclists fled from the officers. One was not identified. The other, Erik Lucas, 28, of Woodbridge, was charged with speed to elude and racing on a highway.
Burglary (blue on map), 4 p.m., Aug. 10, 7300 block of Richmond Highway, Officers responded for an alarm and found a front door shattered. An employee confirmed cell phones were stolen.
Larcenies (purple on map):
- 6500 block of Boulevard View, bicycle from residence
- 8300 block of Brockham Drive, clothing from residence
- 7100 block of Fairchild Drive, cell phone from business
- 4600 block of Fenimore Place, money from vehicle
- 6200 block of Foxcroft Road, cell phone and electronic device from vehicle
- 3000 block of Furman Lane, license plate from vehicle
- 7900 block of Janna Lee Avenue, License plate from vehicle
- 3100 block of Lockheed Boulevard, beer from business
- 5799 block of North Kings Highway, mirror from vehicle
- 6300 block of Richmond Highway, day planner from business
- 6600 block of Richmond Highway, aluminum hand rails from business
- 4300 block of Rolling Stone Way, jewelry and electronic device from residence
- 6500 block of Tower Drive, items from residence
- 4200 block of Aspen Drive, 2002 Chevrolet
- 8000 block of Pantano Place, 2007 Yamaha motorcycle
- 7900 block of Silverada Place, 2006 Mazda 6
U.S. Marshals Arrest Suspect in Hybla Valley Shooting
Two Men Rob 7-Eleven in Mount Vernon