Taking the Metro to get around this weekend? Here's what you need to know.
Huntington area commuters, you're in luck. The Blue and Yellow lines will operate on a normal weekend schedule.
According to a Metro news release:
- From 10 p.m. Friday through noon on Sunday, Red Line trains will single track between Farragut North and Judiciary Square to allow for track maintenance, tie renewal, structural and ceiling repairs.
- During this time, trains between Shady Grove and Glenmont will operate every 20 minutes.
- Between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. on Saturday, and between 9 a.m. and noon on Sunday, additional Red Line trains will operate between Shady Grove and Farragut North, providing service about every 10 minutes between those stations.
- Customers should add about 10 minutes to their travel time while track work is in effect.
- Note: Normal Red Line service will be restored at noon on Sunday.
- From 10 p.m. Friday through closing on Sunday, Orange Line trains will single track through two work zones: between East Falls Church and West Falls Church for Silver Line testing, and between Stadium-Armory and Cheverly to allow for platform reconstruction.
- Orange Line trains will operate every 24 minutes throughout the weekend.
- Customers should add 20 minutes to their travel time.
- From 10 p.m. Friday through closing on Sunday, Green Line trains will single track between College Park and Greenbelt to allow for construction of a test track for new 7000-series railcars.
- Green Line trains will operate at regular weekend intervals. However, during daytime hours, every other train will begin and end at College Park, rather than Greenbelt.
- Customers should add about 10 minutes to their travel time.