SNVC is seeking a qualified Database (DBA) Engineer with 2-4 years of experience, preferably in an operational environment. Position is located in the Fair Oaks/Fair Lakes, Virginia area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Writes and executes scripts to create or modify tables, triggers, constraints, functions and procedures.
• Establishes the needs of users and monitoring user access and security.
• Installs and tests new versions of the database management system.
• Writes database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary.
• Controls access permissions and privileges.
• Develops, manages and tests backup and recovery plans.
• Oracle 11g
• PL/SQL and SQL+
• Backup and recovery of Oracle database
• Ability to write triggers, functions and procedures (PL/SQL)
• Shell scripting
• SQL Server 2008
• Backup of SQL Server databases
Education: Typically requires bachelor's degree (in Computer Science, Management Information Systems) or equivalent, and two to four years of related experience.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org