Government, Schools and Courts
• Fairfax County Government offices are open, Tuesday Jan. 21, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled. Learn more about how the county executive decides operating status.
• Fairfax County Public Schools are closed, Tuesday Jan. 21. School Age Child Care (SACC) centers are closed.
• Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court are closed.
• If you live in the Herndon or Chantilly area that is in Virginia 33rd Senate District, the special election is still on for Tuesday. We advise voting early.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
• If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
• For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
• The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, http://www.mcleancenter.org or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
• Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at www.fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
• For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, press 8; TTY 711, or online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
• Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library.