In Fairfax County, which experienced the most outages during the storms, 22 customers had no power as of 8:30 a.m. In Alexandria, the outages had dropped to 22.
You can view Dominion Power's map that pinpoints where the outages are located here.
Read: Safety Tips When the Power Is Out
If your power goes out:
- Report your outage! Never assume a neighbor has reported it.
- Stay away from downed power lines and anything touching them.
- Use a flashlight only for emergency lighting. Never use candles.
- Unplug electrical equipment until a steady power supply returns.
- Practice proper generator and surface heater safety.
- Leave one light turned on so you know when power is restored.
- Eliminate unnecessary travel, especially by car. Traffic signals will stop working during an outage, creating traffic congestion.
- If power is restored, be certain it is steady before you plug equipment into it.