Fall leaves can be beautiful but not when they're a hazard for flooding or slipping on them while walking.
Looking to get rid of all those fall leaves in your yard? Rake them to the curb on the following dates, Fairfax County will be coming to your neighborhood soon with their vacuum trucks:
Nov. 15: Area 4 - Between Arlington Blvd., Gallows Rd., and Annandale Rd
Nov. 16: Area 5 - Between Annandale Rd., Sleepy Hollow Rd. and Columbia Pike
Nov. 21: Area 6 - Between Sleepy Hollow Rd., Leesburg Pike & Columbia Pike
Nov. 26: Area 7 - Neighborhoods North of Leesburg Pike and East of Columbia Pike (Bailey's Crossroads area)
Nov. 29: Area 8 - Everything South of Little River Tpk. and South of the Capital Beltway
Nov. 17: Area 9 - Hiddenbrook
Nov. 17: Area M/N - Mantua, Lee Forest and Fair Hill
The county advises though that specific collection dates are difficult to project as they are affected by weather, rate of leaf-drop and various other factors.
The leaf collection program is for leaves only. (Leaves mixed with brush, rocks, tree trimmings, sticks or trash will be left behind, the county notes.):
- Place the leaves no further than four feet from the edge of the streetline.
- Please remove all debris from leaves prior to set-out.
- Leaves raked out after the last scheduled round of collection will not be picked-up.
- Do not block streets or pile leaves over storm drains or ditches.
- Do not block leaf piles with cars or any type of equipment that could limit our accessibility to the pile or create hazardous conditions.
- Do not park vehicles on piles of leaves — this is a fire hazard!
If you have other questions, please call the Trash/Leaf Collection Office. Customer Service is available Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. by calling 703-802-3322, TTY 711.