- It's time for a delicious DC-area summer tradition: Summer 2013 Restaurant Week started Monday. More than 200 restaurants in the greater Washington area are participating, including Falls Church’s 2941 Restaurant, Mad Fox Brewing Company, Open Kitchen and Pizzeria Orso. Participating restaurants will offer three-course meals for a set price — $20.13 for lunch or $35.13 for dinner.
- Stop by the Mount Vernon Farmers Market from 8 a.m. to noon every Wednesday at Sherwood Regional Library. The market will be open until mid-December.
- Stop by Lee District Park this evening to enjoy a free concert. U.S. Air Force “Concert Band accompanied by the Singing Sergeants” will perform at Lee District Park at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- Heads up Mount Vernon Trail hikers, bikers and walkers. NRG Energy will perform maintenance on the Mount Vernon Trail directly behind the closed former GenOn plant at 1400 Royal St. in Old Town Alexandria, beginning Monday Aug. 19 thru Sept. 6. If possible, pedestrians, runners and bicyclists should use the alternate trail located in front of the plant that runs along Bashford Lane and East Abingdon and meets the Mount Vernon Trail north of the plant.
- Evolution Home, the new vintage consignment store on Richmond Highway recently opened. If you haven't had the opportunity take some time to stop by today.