- It’s World Tavern Poker Night at the Fish Market, 105 King St. The restaurant hosts the event every Tuesday night at 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Call 703-836-5676.
- Author and scientist Lou Massa will discuss his book “Science and the Written Word,” a work aiming to provide an understanding of science and its relation to society. Mass will be at the Beatley Central Library, 5005 Duke St., at 7 p.m. in the large meeting room.
- "Much Ado About Nothing" is this summer’s Shakespeare Theatre Company’s Free for All performance. It opens Tuesday at Sidney Harman Hall. It’s free and runs through Sept. 1. Tuesday’s performance is at 7:30 p.m.
- "Chasing Ice" film screening at the Old Presbyterian Meeting House, 323 S. Fairfax St. in Old Town. Free, at 6:30 p.m. The climate change documentary follows the story of a photographer struggling to document the melting of glaciers before they're gone. Hosted by the Chesapeake Climate Change Action Network.
- A former assistant secretary of the Air Force will discuss his book “The Ravens: The Men Who Flew in America’s Secret War in Laos.” The noon event is at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, 14390 Air and Space Museum Parkway in Chantilly, 703-633-1000.