- Save the Date: The 38th Annual International Festival is scheduled for noon to 6 p.m. Sept. 2. The annual event organized by Good Shepherd Catholic Church in Mount Vernon will kick off its celebration with its 2nd Annual 5K/1K Run on Aug. 31.
- The soda ban at West Potomac High School will begin at the start of the 2013-2014 school year. The ban will take place at seven school in Fairfax County.
- New Sweet Frog on Richmond Highway next to Gold's Gym is quickly coming along. The new location has already put up a new sign and looks as if it's just about ready for opening. In the meantime, Zinga is also moving forward with renovations and construction before opening at the end of the month.
- There's still time to get a ticket for "Fame the Musical" presented by the Metropolitan Performance Arts Theatre and showing at the Lorton Workhouse Art Center. The first show is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. Friday. Visit the website for tickets and more information about the cast and show.
- If you're looking for another option for local produce and can't wait for Wednesday to roll around again for the Mount Vernon Farmers Market, take a quick ride to Kingstowne and check out their farmers market from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the Giant parking lot.