- Drink up and join the Arlington Food Assistance Center in taking action to fight hunger in the community. From 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. at Dogfish Head Alehouse in Falls Church, 6363 Seven Corners Center, 20 percent of the proceeds will benefit AFAC. The event includes a raffle and live music. 703-534-3342.
- Sign the U.S. Constitution. A National Park Service ranger dressed in Colonial attire discusses the U.S. Constitution and invites visitors to sign a copy with a quill pen. From 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Thomas Jefferson Memorial, 900 Ohio Dr., SW, Washington. Free. 202-438-9667.
- Catch a showing of “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead.” Tom Stoppard directed this film version based on his play. 6 p.m., Georgetown Library, 3260 R St., NW, Washington. Free. 202-727-0232.
- Teens can learn about earning volunteer hours at the Falls Church library this fall at the Teen Volunteer Orientation for ages 12-18. Registration required for the 7 p.m. event. Call703-248-5034 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It's that time again. The Kingstowne Striders recently opened registration for the 4th Annual Jack T. Farrar Jr. "Fill the Shoes" 5K race. The race is scheduled for 8 a.m. Nov. 2 at Hayfield Park, located at 7607 Hayfield Rd. The race was created in honor of Jack T. Farrar Jr. who was a long time Hayfield Farm resident who died of pancreatic cancer in November 2005. The "Fill the Shoes" 5K race is organized every year to raise funds and awareness to serve people living with and fighting pancreatic cancer.