- Is your home ready for fall and winter? McEnearney Associates is offering a free seminar on getting your home buttoned up for the season. The discussion will be led by realtor Debbie Hauter at 7 p.m., McEnearney Associates, 212-A N. West St. in Falls Church.
- Hop on board a new water taxi service aboard the Miss Sophie, connecting the National Mall, Georgetown and National Harbor. This service will be offered six days a week, Tuesdays through Sundays, with no service on Mondays, except holiday Mondays.Reservations may be made online, www.potomacriverboatco.com, or tickets may be purchased at the ticket booths at National Harbor and Georgetown. At the National Mall, tickets may be purchased on the boat, on a space available basis.
- On Tuesday at 6 p.m., the City of Alexandria will join the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services in recognizing individuals as naturalized United States citizens at its annual Citizenship Day event. During the event, the honorees will be sworn in and will take the oath of allegiance for United States citizenship. David Agnew, deputy assistant to the president and director of intergovernmental affairs, will be this year's keynote speaker. The event will be held at Alexandria City Hall, Market Square, 301 King St. (In case of inclement weather, the event will be held in the City Hall lobby.
- Doggie Dining: Take Fido out for some German fare in Clarendon, coffee on Columbia Pike or Thai food in Shirlington. Arlington County has granted variances to 27 restaurants to allow dogs in designated outdoor seating areas. The restaurants must comply with a number of conditions to minimize public health and safety risks. Click here for a list of restaurants.
- Learn about how you can volunteer in the Mount Vernon area. A meeting will be held by the Mount Vernon at Home Volunteers at 1 p.m. in the Sherwood Meeting Room, located at 2501 Sherwood Hall Lane.