West Potomac Students Audition for All-State Band
Nine students were selected for the Virginia All-State Band.
(Editor's Note: This article was submitted by Patch reader Steve Larsen.)
It’s an enormous honor just to be selected to audition for the Virginia All State Bands and Orchestra. Nine students from West Potomac High School along with more than 750 other Virginia students made the trip to James Madison University last Saturday for judges to hear their talents. These nine students represented the top musicians in District 10 of the Virginia Band and Orchestra Directors Association. VBODA has a total of 16 districts comprised of hundreds of high schools across the state.
Four students were selected for the Virginia All State Band:
- Kendell Haywood, Percussion, sophomore
- Emily Marr, Clarinet, senior
- Patrick Rhoads, Alto Saxophone, junior
- Erika Larsen, Alternate Flute, sophomore
- Rachel Wiley, Alternate Flute, junior
These students also had the honor of representing West Potomac:
- Karley Clayton, Contrabass Clarinet, sophomore
- Christian Escoto, Clarinet, senior
- Maria Genuario, Clarinet, freshman
- Hannah Graham, Alto Saxophone, senior
The students will perform April 4 and 5 in Harrisonburg.