View GRAX/MV 2/22 in a larger map
On the above map, the addresses are block numbers, not specific home or business addresses.
The following items are from recent police updates through Feb. 20 from the Mount Vernon Police District of the Fairfax County Police Department.
Assault (red on map), 7 p.m., Feb. 15, 8500 block of Mount Vernon Highway, A 17-year-old reported he was walking on the sidewalk when a man assaulted him. The suspect fled and the boy was not seriously injured.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
Assault (red on map), 11 p.m., Feb. 14, 6600 block of Wakefield Drive, A 60-year-old woman was approached by a known individual. They exchanged words, and he assaulted her. An investigation continues.
Burglary (blue on map), 6:50 p.m., Feb. 14, 3500 block of Holly Hill Road, A resident reported someone entered the home and stole several items. There no signs of forced entry.
Burglary (blue on map), 10:15 a.m., Feb. 15, 2600 block of Arlington Drive, A resident reported someone entered the home and stole cash. There were no signs of forced entry.
Robbery (green on map), 9:45 a.m., Feb. 15, 7100 block of Groveton Gardens Road, A 19-year-old man was walking on a sidewalk when two men attacked him. They struck him and attempted to take his bag. He fought them. They fled with nothing, and the victim received minor injuries.
Burglary (blue on map), 2:35 p.m., Feb. 17, 6300 block of South Kings Highway, An employee reported someone entered the business and stole several items to include alcohol. Forced entry was made through a front door.
Burglary (blue on map), 2:50 p.m., Feb. 19, 6000 block of Park Place, A resident reported someone entered the home and stole cash. Entry was made through an unsecured window.
Graffiti (purple on map), 3:10 a.m., Feb. 19, 2700 block of Beacon Hill Road, Spray painted letters were found on the side of the building. The owners have been notified to remove the graffiti.
Burglary (blue on map), 4 p.m., Feb. 20, 7900 block of Stork Road, A resident reported someone entered the home and stole a gaming system. Forced entry was made through a window.
Larcenies (yellow on map):
- 7900 block of Audubon Avenue, diamond ring from residence
- 8100 block of Keeler Street, driver’s license and credit cards from residence
- 5800 block of North Kings Highway, cell phone from vehicle
- 2500 block of Parkers Lane, wallet from business
- 6800 block of Richmond Highway, laptop computer from business
- 8200 block of Richmond Highway, tires from business
- 7600 block of Richmond Highway, wallet from business
- 8600 block of Richmond Highway, beer from business
- 8200 block of Russell Road, drinks from business
- 6500 block of Virginia Hills Avenue, power tools from vehicle
Vehicle Thefts (pink on map):
- 5700 block of Village Green Drive, 2002 Toyota Camry
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- 2013 Cicada 'Swarmageddon' in Virginia: What We Could See Here
- Pet Safety During Cicada Season
- 2012's Most Popular Baby Names in Virginia
- Top 21: School Lockdown, Abortion Doc Sentenced, 'Love Your Show, Babe,' and Plate of Cicadas and a Glass of Wine?
- Police: Robbery, Burglary Reported in Alexandria