View GRAX/MV 3/1 in a larger map
On the above map, the addresses are block numbers, not specific home or business addresses.
The following items are from recent police updates through Feb. 27 from the Mount Vernon Police District of the Fairfax County Police Department.
DWI/Drunk in Public (yellow on map), 3:20 a.m., Feb. 23, 8700 block of Sacramento Drive, An officer attempted to stop a vehicle for a traffic violation. The driver eventually stopped. The driver, Helder Perez-Sanchez, 32, of Arlington was charged with DWI. The passenger, Juan Lopez Cortez, 26, of Alexandria, was charged with drunk in public.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
Burglary (blue on map), 2:40 p.m., Feb. 25, 8400 block of Credos Court, A resident reported someone entered the home but nothing was stolen. Forced entry was made through a window.
Burglary (blue on map), 5:25 p.m., Feb. 26, 5700 block of Fenwick Drive, A resident reported someone entered the home and stole several items including jewelry. Forced entry was made through a rear door.
Pursuit/Crash (red on map), 12 p.m., Feb. 27, Fort Hunt Road/Wake Forest Drive, Officers assisted City of Alexandria officers in a pursuit which ended in a crash. The suspect was taken into custody and transported to a hospital with nonlife-threatening injuries. The other drive was also transported with non life-threatening injuries. The crash and case is still under investigation.
Burglary (blue on map), 12:10 a.m., Feb. 27, 1600 block of Belle View Boulevard, Officers responded for an alarm. They found the front door of the business broken. Merchandise was stolen.
Larcenies (purple on map):
- 7800 block of Audubon Avenue, bag of tools from residence
- 5900 block of Berkshire Court, credit cards from business
- 8400 block of Del Norte Court, shoes and some change from vehicle
- 7200 block of Groveton Gardens Road, watch from business
- 8200 block of Martha Street, mail from residence
- 5900 block of Mount Eagle Drive, purse from residence
- 7400 block of Mount Vernon Square, several boxes of food from business
- 6100 block of North Kings Highway, three cartons of cigarettes from business
- 7600 block of Richmond Highway, game from business
- 6300 block of Richmond Highway, pair of shoes from business
- 6800 block of Richmond Highway, cell phone from business
- 6800 block of Richmond Highway, groceries from vehicle
- 7600 block of Richmond Highway, cell phone from business
- 8500 block of Richmond Highway, license plate from vehicle
- 7800 block of Richmond Highway, beer from business
- 6300 block of Richmond Highway, luggage from vehicle
- 7900 block of Russell Road, cash from residence
- 8500 block of Southlawn Court, flashlight from vehicle
- 7100 block of Strawn Court, package from residence
- 1200 block of Tatum Drive, cell phone from business
- 6700 block of Tower Drive, money from residence
- 6600 block of Wakefield Drive, license plate from vehicle
No vehicle thefts were reported at the time.
Editor's Note: Patch previously covered some of the incidents in this week's crime blotter. For those stories, Patch provides a link to past coverage.