Vandals Hit Mount Vernon High with Graffiti
The following arrest information was supplied by the Fairfax County police department. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Vandals spray-painted racial and sexual slurs May 27 on school property at Mount Vernon High School, according to the Fairfax County Police Department.
School security officers found the graffiti shortly after 10 p.m. at the school, located at 8515 Old Mount Vernon Road.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
- A robbery was reported at 3 p.m. May 24 at the intersection of Dawn Drive and Route 1. The victim, age 16, reported a fellow student approached him from behind, grabbed him and demanded his watch. The 17-year-old suspect then ran away. The victim was not injured.
- An unlawful entry was reported at 7 a.m. May 26 in the 1900 block of Elkin Street. The business owner reported someone entered the building and attempted to enter offices. Several windows were broken, but nothing was taken.
- A burglary was reported at 10:20 a.m. May 26 in the 2600 block of Groveton Street. The resident reported someone stole jewelry from her home, possibly entering through an unlocked door.
- A burglary was reported at 7:30 p.m. May 26 in the 9100 block of Shepherd Lane. The business owner reported someone broke the lock to the gate and stole several pieces of equipment.
- A burglary was reported at 12:30 p.m. May 28 in the 6700 block of Tower Drive. The resident reported someone entered the home and stole several electronic devices. Forced entry was probably made through the locked rear door.
- A Volkswagen Jetta was reported stolen from the 4000 block of Blue Slate Drive.
- A Chevrolet Cobalt was reported stolen from the 6700 block of Richmond Highway.