Telegraph Road Closures This Week
Motorists strongly urged to use alternate routes to avoid delays
Weather permitting, the Woodrow Wilson Bridge Project will be conducting significant Capital Beltway (I-95/495) and Telegraph Road closures the week of July 18. This work will have major impacts on local traffic, especially the Beltway lane closures, and motorists are strongly advised to seek alternate routes to avoid delays. Variable message signs will be posted throughout the area with detour routes. The scheduled impacts are as follows.
- Thursday, July 21 overnight from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. the next morning:
- The two left lanes of the Capital Beltway Outer Loop (I-95/495 North) will be closed from the Eisenhower Connector to just before Telegraph Road for a deck pour. One lane will remain open in this corridor. Significant Outer Loop delays are expected.
- Friday, July 22 at 9 p.m. until Monday, July 25 at 5 a.m.:
- The left lane of the Capital Beltway Outer Loop (I-95/495 North) will be closed between the Eisenhower Connector and Telegraph Road to place asphalt. Two lanes will remain open in this corridor. Significant Outer Loop delays are expected.
TELEGRAPH ROAD AND RAMP CLOSURES
- Thursday, July 21 from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.: The on-ramps from northbound and southbound Telegraph Road to the Capital Beltway Outer Loop (I-95/495 North) will be closed to conduct excavation activities.
- Detour for northbound motorists : Turn right to eastbound Huntington Avenue to U.S. Route 1 North to the on-ramp to the Outer Loop.
- Detour for southbound motorists : Take the right-hand ramp to Huntington Avenue East to U.S. Route 1 North to the on-ramp to the Outer Loop.
- Friday, July 22 at 10 p.m. until Monday, July 25 at 5 a.m.: Telegraph Road North will be completely closed from just after the on-ramp to the Outer Loop to Pershing Avenue to place pipes.
- Detour for motorists headed to Duke Street : Take the ramp to Eisenhower Avenue and continue straight onto Stovall Street. Turn left on Pershing Avenue and right on northbound Telegraph Road to access eastbound or westbound Duke Street.
- Detour for motorists headed to the Inner Loop : Take the ramp to Eisenhower Avenue and turn left on Eisenhower. Continue to the Eisenhower Connector on-ramp to the Inner Loop.
The work outlined above is highly dependent on weather, and may be delayed due to rain. Please use caution when traveling in this area. All construction-related work and dates are subject to change, depending on weather, material and contractor availability or other unforeseen conditions.