View FH, HBH, MV 12/7 in a larger map
On the above map, the addresses are block numbers, not specific home or business addresses.
The following items are from recent police updates through Dec. 5 from the Mount Vernon Police District of the Fairfax County Police Department.
Sex Offense (red on map), 4:20 p.m., 12/4/12, 8300 block of Richmond Highway, Officers were called for two adults engaged in intercourse in an open lot. An investigation led to the arrest of Edgar Lindamood, 57, of no fixed address. He was charged with failure to register as a sex offender.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
Indecent Exposure (blue on map), 10:15 a.m., 11/30/12, 6400 block of Quander Road, A 34-year-old woman reported she saw a man sitting in a car with his pants down by his ankles. The man fled prior to police arrival.
Burglary (green on map), 4 p.m., 11/30/12, 4300 block of Pembrook Village Drive, A resident reported someone entered the home and stole jewelry. Forced entry was made through a rear window.
Pursuit with Multiple Charges (turquoise on map), 1:30 a.m., 12/1/12, Richmond Highway/Fort Hunt Road, An officer attempted to stop a vehicle for allegedly running a red light at the intersection of Richmond Highway and South Kings Highway. The driver fled and eventually was stopped by the officer employing a precision immobilization technique on Richmond Highway near I-95. Devin Copeland, 30, of Alexandria, was charged with two counts of child endangerment, two counts of no child restraints, reckless driving, disregard a red light, hit and run, unlawful fleeing from vehicle, resisting arrest, and driving on a revoked license.
Trespassing (pink on map) 10 a.m., 12/1/12, 7000 block of Richmond Highway, 12/1/12, 10 a.m. A resident reported someone illegally entered his home. Forced entry was made through a side window. Nothing was stolen.
Burglary (green on map), 3:30 p.m., 12/5/12, 3000 block of Furman Lane, A resident reported someone entered the home and stole jewelry. Forced entry was made through a window.
Larcenies (yellow on map):
- 2700 block of Arlington Drive - radio from vehicle
- 3600 block of Buckman Road - desk and chair from vehicle
- 2300 block of Glendale Terrace - cell phone from business
- 5700 block of Indian Court - purse from residence
- 2300 block of Huntington Avenue - pack of gum from business
- 2300 block of Huntington Avenue - wines from business
- 3400 block of Little Hunting Creek - bicycle from residence
- 6200 block of North Kings Highway - perfumes from business
- 6400 block of Quander Road - purse from school
- 6700 block of Richmond Highway - merchandise from business
- 6300 block of Richmond Highway - video games from business
- 7900 block of Richmond Highway - wallet from business
- 8100 block of Richmond Highway - tags from vehicle
- 8600 block of Richmond Highway - purse from vehicle
- 6300 block of Richmond Highway - laptop computers from business
- 8200 block of Russell Road - sandwiches from business
- 7500 block of Snowpea Court - four tires from vehicle
- 8500 block of Southlawn Court - electronic game and purse from residence
Vehicle Thefts (purple on map):
- 4400 block of Groombridge Way - 2006 Toyota Corolla
- 8400 block of Highland Lane - 1999 Toyota Camry
- 7500 block of Republic Court - 1991 Honda