View Greater Alexandria/Mount Vernon 12/28 in a larger map
On the above map, the addresses are block numbers, not specific home or business addresses.
The following items are from recent police updates through Dec. 26 from the Mount Vernon Police District of the Fairfax County Police Department.
Burglary (green on map), 10 a.m., Dec. 20, 8000 block of Ashboro Drive, A resident reported someone entered the home and stole jewelry. Forced entry was made through a rear window.
Burglary (green on map), 1:40 a.m., Dec. 21, 7300 block of Richmond Highway, A business owner reported someone entered his business but nothing was stolen. Forced entry was made through side glass door.
Burglary (green on map), 2:15 p.m., Dec. 21, 3300 block of Audubon Avenue, A resident reported someone entered her home and stole several items. Forced entry was made through a rear door.
Robbery (blue on map), 2 a.m., Dec. 23, 4400 block of Scarborough Square, A 22-year-old victim was returning home. He exited his vehicle and was attacked by an unknown man. A second suspect joined in and took the victim’s wallet. Both men fled and the victim received minor injuries.
Robbery (blue on map), 12:35 a.m., Dec. 25, 2300 block of Huntington Avenue, Officers were called for a robbery at a business. The victim-clerk reported four men stole cash and other items while brandishing a handgun. All four suspects were arrested in Arlington County for a similar event. The Fairfax County Police case is still pending.
Burglary (green on map), 7:30 a.m., Dec. 26, 3200 block of Mount Vernon Memorial Highway, A site supervisor reported someone entered the construction site and stole various tools. There were no signs of forced entry.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
Larcenies (red on map):
- 2600 block of Arlington Drive, tv from residence
- 2800 block of Fairhaven Avenue, jewelry from residence
- Holly Hill Road/Beechcliff Drive, cell phone from business
- 2300 block of Huntington Avenue, candy from business
- 2300 block of Huntington Avenue, carton of cigarettes from business
- 3800 block of Miramonte Place, cell phone from residence
- 6300 block of Richmond Highway, cell phone from business
- 6600 block of Richmond Highway, tools from vehicle
- 8100 block of Richmond Highway, beer and cigarettes from business
Vehicle Thefts (purple on map):
- 8500 block of Richmond Highway, 1998 Honda Accord