View Mount Vernon/Greater Alexandria 1/4 in a larger map
On the above map, the addresses are block numbers, not specific home or business addresses.
The following items are from recent police updates through Jan. 2 from the Mount Vernon Police District of the Fairfax County Police Department.
Missile Shot into Building, Reckless Discharge of a Firearm (red on map), 1:40 p.m., Dec. 29, 7849 Richmond Highway, Hans Christopher Heyrana, 26, of 3105 Collard Street in Alexandria, was arrested following an investigation of shots fired into a business. Police were called to the Big Panda Restaurant after someone reportedly discharged a bullet through a front window. Officers charged Heyrana with shooting a missile into an occupied dwelling and reckless discharge of a firearm.
Missile Shot into Building (yellow on map), 12:55 a.m., Jan. 1, 6100 Bangor Drive, A 57-year-old homeowner reported a bullet struck and shattered a window in his home. The bullet shattered the first pane of glass and cracked the second. It appears the round was not directed toward the window but struck the window as it fell in a downward trajectory. No one was injured.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
Burglary (blue on map), 6:45 p.m., Dec. 28, 8500 block of Southlawn Court, Three roommates reported their house was burglarized between 10:30 a.m. and 6:45 p.m. on Friday, December 28. Forced entry was made through a rear sliding glass door. Numerous electronic items and a handgun were stolen.
Robbery (purple on map), 7:20 p.m., Dec. 31, 6600 block of Richmond Highway, A 19-year-old man reported he was robbed by a 16-year-old boy, known to him. The suspect reportedly assaulted the victim and stole his cell phone. Petitions will be sought, charging the teen.
Reckless Discharge of a Firearm (green on map), 11:44 p.m., Dec. 31, 6500 Tower Drive, Officers responded for a report of shots fired in an apartment complex. An investigation led to the arrest of Jeremy Leonardo McCrae, 21, of 6501 Tower Drive #302 in Alexandria. He was charged with reckless discharge of a firearm.
Larcenies (pink on map):
- 1600 block of Belle View Boulevard, box of headphones from business
- 2900 block of East Side Drive, watch from residence
- 2400 block of Fairhaven Avenue, lighter and candy from business
- 4000 block of Ferry Landing Road, license plates from vehicle
- 3400 block of Julep Drive, purse from vehicle
- 4400 block of Longworthe Square, tablet from residence
- 2800 block of Memorial Street, purse from vehicle
- 5800 block of North Kings Highway, carton of cigarettes from business
- 6200 block of North Kings Highway, two bottles of liquor from business
- 6300 block of Richmond Highway, credit cards from business
- 7700 block of Richmond Highway, merchandise from business
- 7700 block of Richmond Highway, spools of copper wire from vehicle
- 8500 block of Richmond Highway, laptop computer from residence
- 8600 block of Richmond Highway, bottle of liquor from business
- 8600 block of Richmond Highway, merchandise from business
Vehicle Thefts (turquoise on map):
- 8400 block of Byers Drive, Toyota Camry
- 3000 block of Furman Lane, 1998 Acura Integra