View MV, Fort Hunt, HBH 10/22 in a larger map
On the above map, the addresses are block numbers, not specific home or business addresses.
The following items are from recent police updates through Oct. 18 from the Mount Vernon Police District of the Fairfax County Police Department.
Fatal Pedestrian Crash (marked in blue on above map), Police are investigating a fatal pedestrian crash that occurred around 1:50 a.m. on Thursday, Oct. 18. A 64-year-old man was operating a 2002 Kenworth dump truck northbound in the right lane of Richmond Highway just south of Huntington Avenue.
A man walked into the unlit roadway, crossing left to right and walked into the path of the oncoming dump truck. The driver took evasive action but was unable to avoid striking the man. The driver stayed on the scene and called the police. The pedestrian was transported to Inova Fairfax Hospital and pronounced dead. The deceased has been identified as 27-year-old Michael Ingram of Washington, D.C.
Speed and alcohol are not a factor for the driver. The investigation is ongoing.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
Assault on a Police Officer (marked in red on above map), Lockheed Boulevard/Richmond Highway, 10/16/12, 4:45 p.m. An officer was directing traffic due to an accident. The suspect allegedly attempted to disregard the officer’s command and continue forward. The suspect allegedly sped away but was stopped by officers. She allegedly became combative once placed under arrest. Tamika Solomon, 24, of Alexandria, was charged with assault on a police officer, speed to elude, resisting arrest, reckless driving and possession of marijuana.
Burglary (marked in yellow on above map), 2600 block of Windbreak Drive, 10/11/12, 7:10 p.m. The victim reported someone entered his storage unit and stole disk jockey type turntables and a gaming system. The padlock was cut off the door.
Robbery (marked in green on above map), 6800 block of Richmond Highway, 10/12/12, 11 p.m. The 52-year-old victim reported that he was robbed while waiting for a bus. He stated that three men approached. One sat next to him, brandished a handgun, and demanded money. The suspect reached into the victim’s pocket, took cash, and all three suspects fled.
Assault (marked in red on above map), Biscayne Drive/Huntington Avenue, 10/14/12, 10:45 p.m. A 24-year-old victim reported she was attacked from behind. The suspect grabbed her legs and knocked her down. She kicked him and he fled. The victim was not injured.
Burglary (marked in yellow on above map), 3100 block of Furman Lane, 10/15/12, 1 p.m. A resident reported someone entered his home and stole jewelry. Forced entry was made through a rear window.
Burglary (marked in yellow on above map), 7400 block of Richmond Highway, 10/16/12, 6 a.m. An employee reported someone entered the business, damaged equipment and stole cash. There were no signs of forced entry.
Larcenies (marked in purple on above map)
- 7800 block of Audubon Avenue - bicycle and two scooters from residence
- 3600 block of Derwood Lane - package from residence
- 2200 block of Huntington Avenue - chewing gum from business
- 2300 block of Huntington Avenue - merchandise from business
- 6200 block of North Kings Highway - costumes from business
- 6300 block of Richmond Highway - electronics from business
- 6300 block of Richmond Highway - blue jeans from business
- 8500 block of Richmond Highway - cellular phone from business
- 9100 block of Richmond Highway - tires, rims from vehicle
- 8200 block of Richmond Highway - televisions from business
- 7600 block of Richmond Highway - detergent from business
- 7900 block of Richmond Highway - merchandise from business
- 8200 block of Russell Road - cash from business
- 6500 block of Virginia Hills Avenue - fruit from residence
Vehicle Thefts (marked in pink on above map)
- 2000 block of Huntington Avenue - 2007 Pontiac G6
- 8000 block of Karl Road - Lexus RX350
- 4600 block of Lawrence Street - 2003 Yamaha MDL
- 7500 block of Richmond Highway - 2012 Kia Sorento