On the above map, the addresses are block numbers, not specific home or business addresses.
The following items are from recent police updates through Nov. 14 from the Mount Vernon Police District of the Fairfax County Police Department.
Disorderly Conduct (blue on above map), 6200 block of Richmond Highway, 11/8/12, 11:30 p.m. Officers were investigating an odor of marijuana and questioned three individuals. Dominc Manuel, 34, of Woodbridge, allegedly became disorderly during the questioning and was arrested.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
Larceny (green on above map), 8700 block of Richmond Highway, 11/8/12, 6 p.m. A woman was walking on the on the sidewalk felt a tug. Two men were seen running away with her purse. She was not injured.
Burglary (purple on above map), 8400 block of Huerta Court, 11/9/12, 7 p.m. A resident reported someone entered his home and stole electronic equipment to include a gaming system. Entry was made through a rear door.
DWI Checkpoint (red on above map), Richmond Highway/Dawn Drive, 11/13/12, A Driving While Intoxicated checkpoint was conducted. Approximately, 880 vehicles were screened. One driver was charged with DWI. One was charged with driving past curfew. Four operator license charges were made.
Burglary (purple on above map), 3800 block of Burlingame Place, 11/10/12, 9:10 a.m. A resident reported someone entered the home and stole miscellaneous food items. Forced entry was made through a patio door.
Robbery (yellow on above map), 3600 block of Robert E. Lee Place, 11/10/12, 11:20 p.m. Two men were walking back to their apartment when they were approached by a man who brandished a handgun. Two additional suspects appeared and began going through the victims’ pockets. They went into the apartment where a third victim was also robbed. The suspects fled with cash and cell phones. No one was injured.
Assault (turquoise on above map), Groveton Street/Richmond Highway, 11/11/12, 8:15 p.m. A 29-year-old reported she got off a bus and was followed by an unknown man. She was wary of this man. He followed her for a short while and grabbed her from behind. She was able to break free and run to a nearby business. The suspect fled.
Burglary (purple on above map), 8800 block of Gateshead Road, 11/12/12, 8 p.m. A resident reported he was alerted when his garage door opened. He allegedly found a man taking beer from the refrigerator. Entry was allegedly made by using the garage door opener from the vehicle in the driveway. Louis Garbers, 40, of no fixed address, was located and charged with burglary and larceny.
Burglary (purple on above map), 2500 block of Stone Hedge Drive, 11/14/12, 12:20 p.m. A man saw two men he did not recognize inside his neighbor’s home. Officers responded and searched the home, but the suspects had fled. Several items were stolen to include a gaming system. Forced entry was made through a window.
Larcenies (green on above map):
- 7900 block of Avery Park Court - interior doors and kitchen cabinets from residence
- 8400 block of Diablo Court - jewelry from residence
- 2500 block of Huntington Avenue - electronics from vehicle
- 2500 block of Huntington Avenue - GPS from vehicle
- 6200 block of North Kings Highway - two bottles of tequila from business
- 6300 block of Richmond Highway - merchandise from business
- 6300 block of Richmond Highway - pants from business
- 7100 block of Richmond Highway - tool boxes from construction site
- 7200 block of Richmond Highway - laptop charger from business
- 7800 block of Richmond Highway - merchandise from business
- 7900 block of Richmond Highway - book bag from business
- 8500 block of Richmond Highway - purse from business
- 6300 block of South Kings Highway - beer from business
No vehicle thefts were reported at the time.