View MV, HBH, Fort Hunt 9/28 in a larger map
On the above map, the addresses are block numbers, not specific home or business addresses.
The following items are from recent police updates through Sept. 28 from the Mount Vernon Police District of the Fairfax County Police Department.
Assault (marked in red on above map), 4500 block of Colony Court, 9/23/12, 3:35 a.m. The victim was drinking with a couple of acquaintances when a disagreement turned into a physical confrontation. David Rodriguez Barrer, 31, of Alexandria and Alexander Cerna Cabrera, 40, of Alexandria, were each charged with assault.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
Robbery (marked in blue on above map), 7800 block of Richmond Highway, 9/22/12, 8:30 p.m. The employee victim reported two individuals entered the business and attempted to steal beer. The employee was able to get her hands on the beer. The suspects allegedly grabbed the beer from her hands and pushed her out of the way. Brandyn Nelson, 21, of Woodbridge, was charged with robbery and obstruction of justice for this case. There was an outstanding warrant for assault and battery of a family member which was also served. An investigation continues reference the second suspect.
Unlawful Entry (marked in purple on above map), 4200 block of Fairglen Drive, 9/23/12, 7 p.m. The victim reported a small group of individuals came to her home. They apparently were upset with the victim’s son. One of the individuals allegedly refused to leave the property after being told to do so. Sterling Flowers, 18, of Alexandria, was charged with unlawful entry.
Unlawful Entry (marked in purple on above map), 6700 block of Williams Drive, 9/24/12, 7:10 p.m. A resident reported someone entered his home and apparently nothing was taken. Forced entry was made through a bedroom window.
Robbery (marked in blue on above map), 5900 block of Richmond Highway, 9/26/12, 11 p.m. The victim clerk reported a man with a handgun approached her and demanded money from the cash register. He took cash and fled. She was not injured.
Larceny (marked in green on above map)
- 4300 block of Birchlake Court - license plate from vehicle
- 7600 block of Elba Road - political signs from residence
- 9000 block of McNair Drive - diamond ring from residence
- 6200 block of North Kings Highway - bottles of liquor from business
- 8500 block of Old Mount Vernon Road - wallet from school
- 6500 block of Quander Road - cash from school
- 5900 block of Richmond Highway - television from business
- 6800 block of Richmond Highway - wallet from business
- 8600 block of Richmond Highway - bottles of liquor
- 6000 block of Rixey Drive - tags from vehicle
- 5700 block of Woodlawn Green Circle - bicycle from residence
Vehicle Theft (marked in yellow on above map)
- 8300 block of Felton Lane - 2007 Toyota Camry
- 2700 block of Huntington Avenue - 2003 Saturn