North Kings Highway Closed Until Thursday
Night paving on the road will start around 10 p.m. Wednesday.
Crews will close access to and from Telegraph Road and Lenore Lane and North Kings Highway and Huntington Avenue for paving operations Wednesday night. The road closures will begin at 9 p.m. and paving will start at 10 p.m., according to the Woodrow Wilson Bridge Project Office.
The paving operation is part of the Woodrow Wilson Bridge Project. Roads reopen at 5 a.m. Thursday. Signs will be posted with local detours during the road closure.
Other road closures this week:
- Mill Road will be closed in both directions between Stovall Street and Telegraph Road from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., Oct, 24-26. Motorists should use Eisenhower Avenue; detour signs will be posted.
- There will be double lane closures on both Telegraph Road North and South between the Beltway and Farmington Road, Oct. 24-25.
- From 9 p.m. Oct. 25 to 5 a.m. Oct. 26, the ramps from Duke Street East and West to Telegraph Road South will be closed. Detours: Eastbound motorists should take U.S. Route 1 South to Huntington Avenue West to Telegraph Road South. Westbound motorists should take Van Dorn Street South to the Outer Loop to the ramp to Telegraph Road South.
- The ramps from U.S. Route 1 North and South to the Inner Loop LOCAL lanes will be closed Friday night until Monday, Oct. 29 at 5 a.m. Detour: Motorists should use the access ramps to the THRU lanes.
- The Inner Loop LOCAL will be narrowed to one lane between U.S. Route 1 and Telegraph Road, starting Friday night until Monday at 5 a.m. Motorists should use the THRU lanes if possible.
- The Inner Loop exit ramp to Telegraph Road North and Eisenhower Avenue will be closed from Friday night until 5 a.m., Oct. 29. Motorists should use the Eisenhower Connector exit; detour signs will be posted. Drivers are asked to use caution when traveling in this area.
All construction-related work and dates are subject to change, depending on weather, material and contractor availability.