Mount Vernon Farmers Market Seeks Vendors
Applications for vendors are due on Feb. 15.
Fairfax County Farmers Markets are now accepting applications from vendors for the 2013 season.
The McCutcheon/Mount Vernon Farmers Market kicks off May 1 from 8 a.m. to noon at Sherwood Regional Library and will run on Wednesdays until Nov. 27.
The Fairfax County Farmers Market is seeking vendors in particular for organic and certified natural produce, dairy, and meat for the Herndon and Wakefield markets.
The Fairfax County Farmers Market accepts the following products for sale:
- Fruit, jellies, jams, cider, applesauce, fruit butters
- Vegetables, microgreens
- Beef, pork, bison, turkey, chicken, eggs, meat products i.e. sausage, brats
- Baked goods
- Honey, bee pollen products, beeswax candles
- Dairy products, cheese, butter, cheese spreads, ice cream, sorbet
- Potted plants, cut flowers, dried flower arrangements
- Herbs, teas, dry rubs, soups, soup mixes, salsa, pestos, pasta
The Fairfax County Farmers Market does not allow the following items for sale in the market:
- Seafood, freshwater fish
- Coffee, olives
- Candles (beeswax candles are allowed)
- Soaps, lotions
- Clothing, leather goods
- Pottery, paintings, crafts
- Knitted or croqueted items
Vendor applications are due by Feb. 15. For information about vendor guidelines, visit http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/FarmersMarkets/farm-mktvendapp.htm. For vendor or volunteer information, emakil Megan.Carroll@fairfaxcounty.gov.