The Hollin Meadows Partnership for Science and Math Education will host its second annual ‘Seeds of Today’ gala Saturday night at George Washington’s River Farm.
The Hollin Meadows Partnership is a charitable non-profit dedicated to preserving the award-winning science and math program at Hollin Meadows Elementary School. This year, the partnership hopes to raise $60,000 to benefit the program. Last year, the partnership exceeded its goal and raised $100,000 from the community and sponsors, said HMP chair Diane Moery.
“The whole program costs $170,000 per year,” said Moery. “We’re trying to fill the gaps in funding.”
The 2012 Hollin Meadows Heroes, individuals and organizations that have recognized and supported the Hollin Meadows Science and Math program, will be honored on Saturday night. Recipients include:
- Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move Campaign
- Jon Gates, Principal, Hollin Meadows Science and Math Focus School
- Dan Storck, Mount Vernon District School Board Representative
- Shawn Akard, Former Outdoor Education Coordinator, Hollin Meadows
- Vanessa Wheeler, Owner, Holly Woods & Vines
There will be a silent auction featuring art, trips, and even a Yogi Berra signed baseball. Guests will enjoy food donated by the Neighborhood Restaurant Group and music by local band Close2Home.
For more information, please email email@example.com or call Sue Bernstein at 703-768-7039.