Help Support the Nats Dream Foundation During Nationals-Cardinals Playoff
Join our friendly competition pitting Washington Nationals fans against St. Louis Cardinals fans as we pledge up to $500 to the teams' charities—and it won't cost you a dime.
All you need to do is to enter your email address, your home ZIP code (so we can sign you up for the right newsletter) and the charity you want to support. For every valid email address we receive from Virginia residents, Patch will add $1 to the donation amount.
In addition, Patch will donate an extra $10 to one of the charities for every home run hit during this series (depending on whether a Nats or a Cards player hits it).
The team that wins the National League Division Series will receive a donations of $100 to $500 dollars based on newsletter sign-ups and home runs hit. The team that loses the NLDS will receive $100 for their charity.
You have until the end of the Nationals-Cardinals series to enter your email address.
The Washington Nationals Dream Foundation is a charitable organization that focuses on enabling youth education, health and recreation.
Cardinals Cares is a charitable organization that supports youth-oriented nonprofits in and around St. Louis.
Here's our running tally:
- Sunday, Oct. 7 - Nationals 3, Cardinals 2; Nationals had no home runs.
- Monday, Oct. 8 - Nationals 4, Cardinals 12, Nationals had two homers.
- Wednesday, Oct. 10 - Cardinals 8, Nationals 0; Nationals had no home runs.
- Thursday, Oct. 11 - Nationals 2, Cardinals 1; Nationals had two homers.
- Friday, Oct. 12 - Cardinals 9, Nationals 7; Nationals had four home runs.
Originally published Oct. 8, 2012.