Get Out - Country Dancing & George Washington
It's the end of the week. You want something to do. You've come to the right place.
"A Midsummer Night's Dream"- Escape with your family into Shakespeare's world of fairies and fun
- WHAT: This family-friendly abridged version of the play is presented by the Mount Vernon Community Children's Theatre.
- WHEN: February 18 and 19 at 7:30 PM; February 20 at 3:00 PM
- WHERE: Heritage Presbyterian Church
- HOW MUCH: $10.00 / $8.00 for students and seniors
George Washington Birthday Classic- Compete in a 10-K Race and 2-K "Fun Run"
- WHAT: The race, which is a Pacers Event, will be open for registration the morning of the race.
- WHEN: Saturday, Feb. 19, 8:30 a.m.
- WHERE: The Eisenhower Avenue Valley area of Alexandria
- HOW MUCH: $40 for 10K, $10 for 2K
Historic Mount Vernon Celebrates Washington’s 279th Birthday- Join the fun!
- WHAT: There will be many special events in honor of the first president's birthday, including a pancake breakfast on Saturday and Sunday.
- WHEN: Saturday through Monday, Feb. 19-21, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- WHERE: Mount Vernon Estate and Gardens
- HOW MUCH: Standard admission on Saturday and Sunday; free on Monday
The George Washington Birthnight Banquet & Ball- Dance the night away
- WHAT: It will be an evening of 18th-Century English Country Dancing suitable for beginners and experienced dancers.
- WHEN: Saturday, Feb. 19, 9 p.m.
- WHERE: Gadsby’s Tavern Museum, 134 N Royal St, Alexandria, VA 22314
- HOW MUCH: $50 for the Ball only
Revolutionary War Reenactment- Watch a skirmish between the Redcoats and the Colonial Army
- WHAT: Visitors will be able to watch historic camp and tactical demonstrations throughout the day.
- WHEN: Sunday, Feb. 20, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (The skirmish is at 2 p.m.)
- WHERE: Fort Ward Park, 4301 W Braddock Rd, Alexandria, VA 22304
- HOW MUCH: Free