Fairfax County police have reported two incidents in which an officer was assaulted in the week leading up to Aug. 31.
The first incident occurred at 10:50 p.m. Aug. 24 in the 6000 block of Richmond Highway. Officers were responding to a trespassing call when they found the suspect, who they believe was intoxicated, at the location.
The man was arrested and taken to the magistrate’s office, where police say he kicked an officer. Sam Swinton 46, of Washington, D.C., was charged with trespassing, being drunk in public and assault on a police officer. Police also served him with an outstanding warrant for trespassing.
The second incident occurred at 1:10 a.m. Aug. 25 in the 3800 block of Manzanita Place. Officers and rescue personnel were called to the scene on a report of a possible overdose.
Police say as the man was being taking to an ambulance, he pushed away an officer and rescue workers. Victor Banega Burgos, 26, of Alexandria was charged with being drunk in public, resisting arrest and assault on a police officer.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
- An unlawful entry was reported at 9:30 a.m. Aug. 23 in the 2000 block of Wakefield Street. A resident reported someone entered her home on Aug. 14. When she returned, she found the side door open. Nothing was missing from the inside of the home.
- A burglary was reported at 1 a.m. Aug. 27 in the 6200 block of Gentle Lane. A pet-sitter reported someone entered the home and stole several items, including jewelry. Forced entry was made through a rear window.
- Cash was reported stolen from a residence in the 2600 block of Arlington Drive.
- A laptop computer was reported stolen from the 2600 block of Arlington Drive.
- Cash and jewelry were reported stolen from a residence in the 6600 block of Boulevard View.
- Amplifiers and speakers were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 8000 block of Fordson Road.
- A cell phone was reported stolen from a residence in the 8400 block of Graves Street.
- A cell phone was reported stolen from a business in the 6200 block of North Kings Highway.
- A radio was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1800 block of Old Richmond Highway.
- Clothes were reported stolen from a business in the 6800 block of Richmond Highway.
- A cell phone was reported stolen from a business in the 7300 block of Richmond Highway.
- A purse was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 8300 block of Richmond Highway.
- A wallet was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 7800 block of Richmond Highway.
- A 2005 Chevrolet Silverado was reported stolen from the 6000 block of Bangor Drive.
- A Suzuki AN400 scooter was reported stolen from the 6000 block of Richmond Highway.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- 2013 Cicada 'Swarmageddon' in Virginia: What We Could See Here
- 2012's Most Popular Baby Names in Virginia
- Top 21: School Lockdown, Abortion Doc Sentenced, 'Love Your Show, Babe,' and Plate of Cicadas and a Glass of Wine?
- Cicadas Emerge in DC Area
- 'Jack Diamond Show' Fans: Furious, Frustrated Over 107.3 Change