Cut Your Own Christmas Trees in Northern Virginia
Check out these places where you can cut your own Christmas trees.
December is here, and that means it's Christmas tree season. Skip the fake tree and pick up an authentic pine tree from one of these cut-your-own farms or pre-cut tree sellers.
- Where: Sweetwater Lane in Chantilly
- Hours: 10 a.m. to dark, daily.
- Cut your own Christmas trees at Joe’s Trees. Tree varieties include Norway and Blue Spruce, Douglas Fir, and Scotch and White Pine. Trees average around $40
- Call 703-754-7825 for more information.
- Where: 15621 Braddock Road, Centreville
- Hours: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- Cox Farms has a wide selection of fresh-cut trees and plenty of fun family activities in its Winter Wonderland.
- 703-830-4121 or http://www.coxfarms.com/corner-market/christmas.aspx
Hank’s Christmas Trees at Hartland Farm
- Where: 3064 Hartland Lane, Markham
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily until Dec. 23
- Fresh wreaths made on site, free warm beverages are available, and dogs on leashes are allowed. Tree varieties include blue spruce, white pine, scots pine, fraser fir, and more. Gloves and hand saws are provided with tie-down rope. 540-533-6901 or http://www.hartlandfarmandorchard.com/
- Where: 11110 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
- Krop’s Crops offers pre-cut trees, pointsettias, wreaths, tree stands, lights, ornaments, and more. Tree varieties include Douglas Fir, Norway, and Blue Spruce.
- 703-430-8955 or http://www.kropscrops.com/
- Where: Route 613, Chantilly
- Hours: Weekends only, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m until Dec. 16
- Ticonderoga Farms has pre-cut trees ,holly bundles, and greens. Varieties include Virginia Pine, Red Cedar, Fraser Fir, and more.
- 703-327-4424 or http://www.ticonderoga.com/
Snickers Gap Tree Farm
- 34350 Williams Gap Road, Round Hill
- Hours: 9 a.m. to dark Saturdays and Sundays , noon until dark
- Snickers Gap Tree Farm has more than 40,000 trees in various stages of growth, and specialties include Mountain Slow Grown Douglas Fir and Colorado Blue Spruce, as well as a variety of Mountain Slow Grown Norway Spruce. You can cut your own Christmas tree at the farm.
- (540) 554-8323 or www.snickersgaptrees.com